Fees - Counseling
As part of our mission to provide accessible services to our community, therapy services are billed on a sliding scale. Clinician's fees typically range from $15-$175 per session and are based on availability, the needs of the individual, and the level of experience/training of the clinician. On a limited basis, we do offer our services at no cost. Please click here for more information.
Some of our clinicians accept an array of insurance plans - not all therapists accept insurance. For a list of insurances that our clinicians accept, see below. For specific clinicians, please call our front desk for more information. For financial assistance with paying your deductibles or copays, please click here for more information.
- BlueCross/Blue Shield PPO & HMO
- Cigna Health Care & Cigna Behavioral Health
- Baylor Scott & White Health System
- Scott & White Health System
- United Health Care & United Behavioral Health
- Humana Health Care
- Great West Health Care
- Value Options
- Mertain Health
- Golden Rule
fees - psychological assessments
Our Assessment fee structure is based on the type of assessment that you require and the specific reason for the assessment. For some general guidelines, please see below. We attempt to tailor every assessment to your specific needs, and collaborate with any relevant parties (e.g., schools, colleges/universities, psychiatrists, employers, attorney, physicians).
Most insurance plans cover psychological evaluations. See above list for insurances that our clinicians accept. On a limited basis, we do offer our services at a sliding scale or no cost. Please click here for more information.
The costs of your assessment is determined by several factors, which can include (but not limited to) the type and number of psychological measures administered, the purpose of the assessment, and specific requirements of the recipient of the assessment. Your clinician will be able to discuss the costs in more detail.
Assessments can take 4 to 8 hours across 1 to 3 days. Your clinician will be able to discuss the time frame in more detail.
Our normal report turn around time is 2-3 weeks from your last actual test date as our reports are very detailed and comprehensive. Should you wish to expedite your assessment report, an additional fee of $150 will be added. And expedited report is a 1 week turn around. You should tell your clinician as soon as possible if you will need to expedite the report.
To expedite the process, we encourage you to call your insurance company (see your insurance card) and verify your benefits. Below are the important questions to ask in order to verify and understand what is involved with using your insurance to pay for the costs of mental health services.
- Does my plan cover mental health services (counseling or psychological assessments)? (most states require insurance to cover mental health, but Texas is not one of them).
- Do I have a deductible to meet for mental health services?
- What is my deductible? (Often, deductibles are $500, $1500 or $5000)
- How much of my deductible has been met OR How much of my deductible is remaining?
- Do I have a copay OR What is my copay? (Sometimes there is not copay, other times the copay is a flat fee - $20 0r $30 - or a percentage of a contracted rate - 20% or 30%).
- Do I have a limit to the number of sessions?
To expedite the process, we encourage you to download the relevant forms prior to you intake or first session. If you do not have the ability to print the forms prior, we ask that you arrive 30-45 minutes before your first appointment in order to complete the paperwork. Please click the relevant forms below to download and complete.